Thursday, November 15, 2012

Real Friends

I was with a couple of my friends at school [Jill] and [Jackie].  I whispered something into [Jill's] ear and didn't tell [Jackie] what I said.

[Jackie] started asking what I said, thinking maybe it was something about her.  It wasn't about her, but I still didn't want to tell her.  I told her it wasn't about her, but she still wanted to know.

I told her maybe I just like [Jill] more than you.  [Jackie] didn't like that.  She said, "fine," and got up and left.

[Jill] asked why I would like her more.  She said me and her never even hang out with each other.  She also left.

Later that day, I tried to apologize [Jackie].  She didn't say anything.  I kept trying, but she gave me the cold shoulder for the rest of the day.

After school, I got home, and [Jackie] called me.  She said, "I can't believe you told [Jill] you failed that math test, but you didn't tell me.  You know she doesn't even like you that much.  I would've at least supported you instead telling a bunch of other people."

I was surprised [Jill] told a bunch of other people, but then I realized [Jackie] was right.  [Jill] has a bunch of "cooler" friends than me.  She would just go and tell all of them.

I told [Jackie] I messed up, and it won't happen again.  She said, "It's okay, just remember that I'm always gonna be a real friend."

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment