Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rumors

I started a rumor about one of the girls at my school.  I didn't even mean to.  I only told one of my friends that she doesn't do any of her homework, and when we start working on things in class, she never has any idea what we're doing.

My friend said she's stupid.  I agreed, but I told my friend not to tell anybody I said that.  Instead of telling nobody, my friend told one of her friends.  Then her friend told a few other people.

By lunch time, everybody heard.  I tried not to pay attention to it too much because I felt bad.  I tried ignoring it the next day and the day after that.  A few days after I started the rumor, I decided to actually talk to the girl I started the rumor about.

I found out that she really isn't stupid.  She was just having problems in school because grandmother passed away.  I felt terrible.  I couldn't tell her I started the rumor, but I did start talking to her more.

Now we're good friends, and I don't know how I can ever tell her about the rumor I started.

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment